The Feast World Cup Rules
All teams that wish to participate must register through the registration form
- Registration will be open from date of announcement to March 31, 2019.
Must have a PvP-eligible character (level 30) on Aether, Chaos or Mana for Minor Qualifiers and
Major Qualifiers depending on the region you are participating in.
Must have a PvP-eligible character (level 30) on Aether, Chaos and Mana for The Feast World
Cup Main Event (May 17, 18, 24, and 25, 2019) ONLY if your PvP Team qualifies
from the Major Qualifiers.
- You will be given 2 weeks after the Major Qualifier to set-up characters on other data
- Each person may only participate in one (1) region.
- Must not be participating in multiple PvP Teams.
The supported languages for the duration of the tournament will be English and Japanese. Other
languages are welcome but information regarding the tournament will be only English and Japanese.
Must be able to attend all dates and times allocated for the tournament.
- Failure to make it to your scheduled match time will result in a forfeit for the whole
series (a “series” is a complete best-of-3 or best-of-5 set of matches).
- The Team Leader and Sub Leader must have a Discord account (Voice communication program),
additional team members are optional.
Invited Feast Regional Championship (FRC) teams can add and/or substitute members from their FRC
roster, as long as the FRC team maintains at least 4 of 6 original members of the team.
- Invited FRC teams include teams that qualified for the live tournaments.
- These additions/substitutions must be finalized by March 31, 2019. No more changes to the
team rosters will be allowed afterwards.
- There is no country restriction; as long as you have participating characters on designated data
centers you meet regional eligibility
- A “team” must consist of a Tank, Healer, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS.
- You do not have to be registered in the “PvP Team” system designed in FFXIV.
- Any name changes or world transfers of your characters during the commencement of the tournament
MUST be notified to a Regional Representative. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility to
participate in your team.
Names of your characters on other eligible regional data centers do not have to match your
originating data center character name but must be declared what the name and world is.
- An additional form will be sent to all teams qualified for The Feast World Cup
main event after the Major Qualifiers.
Teams may swap members and roles within a best-of-three or a best-of-five match but must be
completely swapped within 2 minutes upon ending the previous match.
- “Completely swapped” is defined as the substitution player is in the party finder (PF) and
confirmed as ready in a ready check.
Any third-party programs that provide unfair advantages to ANY matches in The Feast World Cup are
- To help combat ping-related issues, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are allowed.
- The tournament organizers may deem participation ineligible if player(s) are actively breaching
Final Fantasy XIV Terms of Service.
In The Feast World Cup: Main Event, qualified teams will play in all 3 regional
data centers (Aether, Chaos, Mana) depending on the match-up.
- I.e. If a Europe PvP team seeded #2 in the Europe Major Qualifiers plays a Japan PvP team
seeded #1 in the Japan Major Qualifiers, Game 1 will be played on Chaos and Game 2 and 3
will be played on Mana.
- If there is evidence of teams practicing misconduct (i.e. wintrading, boosting, etc.) during the
tournament, the teams participating will be disqualified.
- In the event of a two-way tie in the group stages, the team that won the series between the two
tied teams will advance.
In the event of a three-way “rock-paper-scissors” tie in the group stages, the team with the most
accumulated medal counts from the three matches will advance.
- If medals are still tied, a best-of-1 rematch will be played between the teams that are
Network issues are the sole responsibility of the individual players.
If a disconnect happens mid-game:
- If the disconnection happened between six (6) to five (5) minutes left on the
match, one rematch will be played.
- If the disconnection happened after the five (5) minute left mark on the match,
the match will be played on.
In the case of a server-wide or data center-wide network issue, a rematch will be played
regardless, or postponed until the network issues have been alleviated.
Two (2) regional tournaments will be first played in each region (North America, Europe, Japan):
- Minor Qualifier and Major Qualifier.
These are region-specific tournaments and will be held on these data centers:
- Aether for North America
- Chaos for Europe
- Mana for Japan
The Feast World Cup: Regional Minor Qualifiers
- The Feast World Cup: Regional Minor Qualifiers will be held from April 19, 2019 to May 3,
- Invited FRC teams* do not play in the Minor Qualifiers, they automatically advance to the
- All other teams who registered through the registration form will start in this
Group Stage (April 19, 2019 – May 2, 2019)
- Teams who registered through the registration form will be randomly seeded into
- Teams must meet eligibility criteria.
- All teams will play a best-of-3 round robin within their own group scheduled at
their own convenience.
- Scheduled games between teams MUST be notified to Regional Representatives, and
scoreboards must be recorded in the rare event of a tiebreaker.
Playoff Stage (May 3, 2019)
- Playoff Stage teams are determined from overall Top 8 teams from the Group Stage.
The number of groups is subject to change (i.e. if 2 groups, top 4 from each group;
if 4 groups, top 2 from each group).
- Best-of-3 single-elimination bracket.
- Teams who advance to the semi-finals (4* teams) will qualify for the Major
- Major-qualified teams will continue to play in the bracket for a seed # (1-4) for
the Major Qualifiers.
The Feast World Cup: Regional Major Qualifiers
The Feast World Cup: Main Event
- The Feast World Cup: Main Event will be held on May 17, 2019 to May 25,
- This is a cross-region tournament and will require all qualified teams to play a portion of
their matches on Aether, Chaos and Mana.
Group Stage (May 17, 2019 to May 18, 2019)
- Top 4 teams from NA, EU and JP (12 Teams total) will be seeded into 2 groups of 6
- Seeding order will be determined after the Major Qualifiers.
- Best-of-3 Round Robin with all teams in your respective group.
Top 4 from each group (8 teams) will be seeded #1-#4 in each group and advance to
The Feast World Cup: Main Event - Playoff Stage.
Date & Time:
- Group 1 – May 17, 2019 @ TBD
- Group 2 – May 18, 2019 @ TBD
Playoff Stage (May 24, 2019 to May 25, 2019)
- Top 4 teams from each group (8 teams) in the Group Stage will face off based on
- Best-of-3 double elimination bracket, best-of-5 Grand Finals.
- The team that advances to the Grand Finals from the Loser’s bracket will
have to win 2 sets of best-of-5 to win The Feast World Cup.
- The team that advances to the Grand Finals from the Winner’s bracket will
have to win 1 set of best-of-5 to win The Feast World Cup.
Date & Time:
- Winner’s Quarterfinals, Loser’s Playoffs, Winner’s Semifinals – May 24,
2019 @ TBD
- Loser’s Quarterfinals, Loser’s Semifinals, Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals
and Grand Finals – May 25, 2019 @ TBD
Prize: A trophy and ??? (Contribute to the prize pool?)
Updated: Jan. 19, 2019
2019 PvPaissa. All rights reserved.