The Feast World Cup Rules
Updated: April 5, 2019 - View Changes
All teams that wish to participate must register through the registration form
- Registration will be open from date of announcement to April 12, 2019.
Must have a PvP-eligible character (level 30) on Aether, Chaos or Mana for Regional Qualifiers
depending on the region you are participating in.
Must have a PvP-eligible character (level 30) on Aether, Chaos and Mana for The Feast World
Cup Main Event (May 17, 18, 24, and 25, 2019) ONLY if your PvP Team qualifies
from the Regional Qualifiers.
- You will be given 1 week after the 'Regional Qualifiers' to create and set-up characters on
other participating data centers for The Feast World Cup: Main Event.
- Qualifying Europe and Japan PvP teams will only need to create one additional character on
- Each person may only participate in one (1) region.
- Must not be participating in multiple PvP Teams.
The supported languages for the duration of the tournament will be English and Japanese. Other
languages are welcome but information regarding the tournament will be only English and Japanese.
Must be able to attend all dates and times allocated for the tournament.
- Failure to make it to your scheduled match time will result in a forfeit for the whole
series (a “series” is a complete best-of-3 or best-of-5 set of matches).
- The Team Leader and Sub Leader must have a Discord account (Voice communication program),
additional team members are optional.
- There is no country restriction; as long as you have participating characters on designated data
centers you meet regional eligibility
- If you have an active and eligible FFXIV account, you are eligible to participate in the
- A “team” must consist of a Tank, Healer, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS.
- You do not have to be registered in the “PvP Team” system designed in FFXIV.
- Any name changes or world transfers of your characters during the commencement of the tournament
MUST be notified to a Regional Representative. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility to
participate in your team.
Names of your characters on other eligible regional data centers do not have to match your
originating data center character name but must be declared what the name and world is.
- An additional form will be sent to all teams qualified for The Feast World Cup:
Main Event after the Regional Qualifiers.
Teams may swap members and roles within a best-of-three or a best-of-five match but must be
completely swapped within 2 minutes upon ending the previous match.
- “Completely swapped” is defined as the substitution player is in the party finder (PF) and
confirmed as ready in a ready check.
Any third-party programs that provide unfair advantages to ANY matches in The Feast World
Cup are prohibited.
- To help combat ping-related issues, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are allowed.
- Voice communication programs are permitted for use.
In The Feast World Cup: Main Event, qualified teams will play in all 3 regional
data centers (Aether, Chaos, Mana) depending on the match-up.
- I.e. If a North American PvP team seeded #2 in the North American Regional Qualifiers plays
a Japan PvP team seeded #1 in the Japan Regional Qualifiers, Game 1 will be played on Mana
and Game 2 will be played on Aether. Game 3 will be decided by a /random.
- If there is evidence of teams practicing misconduct (i.e. wintrading, boosting, etc.) during the
tournament, the teams participating will be disqualified.
- In the event of a two-way tie in the group stages, the team that won the series between the two
tied teams will advance.
In the event of a three-way “rock-paper-scissors” tie in the group stages, the team with the most
accumulated medal counts from the three matches will advance.
- If medals are still tied, a best-of-1 rematch will be played between the teams that are
Network issues are the sole responsibility of the individual players.
If a disconnect happens mid-game:
- If the disconnection happened between six (6) to five (5) minutes left on the
match, one rematch will be played.
- If the disconnection happened after the five (5) minute left mark on the match,
the match will be played on.
In the case of a server-wide or data center-wide network issue, a rematch will be played
regardless, or postponed until the network issues have been alleviated.
- In The Feast World Cup: Main Event, qualified teams will play in
all 3 regional data centers (Aether, Chaos, Mana) depending on the match-up.
I.e. If a North American PvP team seeded #2 in the North American Major Qualifiers plays a
Japan PvP team seeded #1 in the Japan Major Qualifiers, Game 1 will be played on Mana and
Game 2 will be played on Aether.
- To combat ping issues, all "Europe vs. Japan" matches will be played on Aether.
Because EU ping to Mana Datacenter and JP ping to Chaos Datacenter is higher than both EU
and JP ping to Aether Datacenter, we have decided it would be best to make this change.
- For NA vs EU and NA vs JP matches, in the event of a Game 3 in a Best-of-3 or a Game 5 in a
Best-of-5, the Datacenter that this match will be played on will be decided by a /random in-game
between the two team leaders or sub-leaders. The team that rolls the highest /random number in-game
will have the match played on the winning team's data center. All potential BO3 and BO5 matches for
EU vs JP will be played on Aether.
- All participating players and teams must demonstrate good sportsmanship and fair play during the
duration of the tournament.
A Regional Qualifier tournament will be be first played in each region (North America, Europe,
These are region-specific tournaments and will be held on these data centers:
- Aether for North America
- Chaos for Europe
- Mana for Japan
The Feast World Cup: Regional Qualifiers
- The Feast World Cup: Regional Qualifiers will be held on May 11, 2019.
Playoff Stage (May 11, 2019)
- Registered teams will first face-off in the Playoff Stage of the Regional
Qualifiers. The exact format of this tournament is subject to change depending on
the number of teams registered.
- Best-of-3 single-elimination bracket.
- Teams who advance to the semi-finals (4 teams) will qualify for The Feast World
Cup: Main Event.
- Main event-qualified teams will continue to play in the Regional Qualifiers playoff
bracket to get a seed # (1-4) for the The Feast World Cup: Main Event.
- 1st place prize for each region: One (1) level boost / story boost per person in
your team, of your choice, to alleviate extra character leveling for The Feast
World Cup Main Event.
The Feast World Cup: Main Event
- The Feast World Cup: Main Event will be held on the weekends of May 17, 2019 to
May 25, 2019
- This is a cross-region tournament and will require all qualified teams to play a portion of
their matches on Aether, Chaos or Mana.
Group Stage (May 17, 2019 to May 18, 2019)
- Top 4 teams from NA, EU and JP (12 Teams total) will be seeded into 4 groups of 3
- Seeding order will be determined after the Regional Qualifiers - Playoff
- Best-of-3 Round Robin with all teams in your respective group.
Top 2 from each group (8 teams) will be seeded #1 and #2 in each group and advance
to The Feast World Cup: Main Event - Playoff Stage.
Playoff Stage (May 24, 2019 to May 25, 2019)
- Top 2 teams from each group (8 teams) in The Feast World Cup: Main Event -
Group Stage will face off based on seeding.
- Best-of-3 double elimination bracket, best-of-5 Grand Finals.
- The team that advances to the Grand Finals from the Loser’s bracket will
have to win 2 sets of best-of-5 to win The Feast World Cup.
- The team that advances to the Grand Finals from the Winner’s bracket will
have to win 1 set of best-of-5 to win The Feast World Cup.
Date & Time:
- Winner’s Quarterfinals, Loser’s Playoffs, Winner’s Semifinals – May 24,
2019 @ TBD
- Loser’s Quarterfinals, Loser’s Semifinals, Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals
and Grand Finals – May 25, 2019 @ TBD
Prize (Add to the pool)
- 1st Place Prize: 80% of the total accumulated prize pool + customized trophy.
- 2nd Place Prize: 15% of the total accumulated prize pool.
- 3rd Place Prize: 5% of the total accumulated prize pool.